Sunday, September 27, 2009

Oneness

Albert Einstein
A human being is a part of a whole, called by us 'universe', a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

When I read this quote, my soul recognizes truth and there is a tingling, a sense of knowing, that coming home, to what is true, feeling. I think back to times in my life when I felt outside the circle looking in. In high school of course there were the popular kids, who knew how to be witty, what to say; they wore fashionable store bought clothes while I wore home made clothes from fabric on sale at Sparks, an east coast discount store. My separation, as I look back, was self induced. I believed that I did not fit in, and I helped create and reinforce that thought. There were many instances in my life when I did that. As I had a thought of being separate, not good enough, I then removed myself from the circle and created separation.

I have come a long way in my journey and have aligned myself with who I truly am, with my beauty and my inner strength. As I stand firmly in this belief I see it reflected back to me in my life in every area.

I see beautiful people with such light and so want for them to see themselves more clearly, to end the pain and separation and step fully into their light. Where in your life do you create separation? Where do you need to step aside, get out of your own way, and allow your beauty to shine?

In Love and Light,
Marian

No comments:

Post a Comment